Mt Gravatt In Home Support Service
The Mt Gravatt In Home Support service was established in 2000 and is funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) CHSP and Queensland Community Care Service (QCCS). The program provides care management packages to mature-aged people and those with a disability. We can provide services such as domestic tasks, social support, personal care, respite care, and information and referrals. We may also be able to assist clients with food preparation and transportation to shopping and appointments etc. Our aim is to provide appropriate support packages to clients and carers to enable them to stay in their own home. This support may incorporate information and referrals to other organisation and services within our community.
- Recognise that people have the rights to choose how they live their lives and to access a range of services and information.
- Are client/carer focused and accessible to those in our community.
- Work in partnership with clients/carers and their families to ensure equitable and coordinated service delivery.
- Promote quality care and seek client feedback about the service to modify and develop services.
- Ensure that clients/carers and staff have access to grievance procedures the clearly indicate the steps to be taken to resolve a problem or complaint without bias.
Service Area Suburbs for In Home Support: Greenslopes, Mt Gravatt East, Tarragindi/Wellers Hill, Robertson, Holland Park West, Wishart, Holland Park, Mt Gravatt, Mansfield, Macgregor, Upper Mt Gravatt, and Sunnybank.
Home Assist Secure was established by the Queensland Government in 1993 and funding is now attached to 41 services across Queensland. Our service aims to remove some of the practical housing-related difficulties experienced by older people and people with a disability who wish to remain living in their home.
Is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated and integrated range of basic maintenance and support services for the frail, the aged, and people with a disability and their carers. This will enable these people to become more independent at home and in the community, thereby enhancing their quality of life and/or preventing their inappropriate admission to long term residential care. We also strive to provide flexible, timely services that respond to the needs of our consumers.
To be eligible for free information, people must be aged 60 years and over, or of any age with a disability, and own their home or live in private rental housing. To be eligible for subsidised assistance, people must also be receiving a Commonwealth Government pension or benefit, and be unable to make use of alternative forms of assistance, such as CHSP, the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, family or friends. Home Assist Secure does not undertake maintenance or repairs that are considered to be the responsibility of the landlord (lessor) under residential tenancies legislation. Community members 60 years or over who are self-funded retirees are eligible for information and referrals and not financial assistance from the HAS/CHSP program.Please note that Mt Gravatt Home Assist Secure is not an emergency/same day service. If your work is urgent, please call a private contractor at your own expense.
- Fit light bulbs (all types)
- Supply and service smoke alarms
- Electrical safety repairs to light and power sockets
- Repair leaking toilet and taps
- Unblock sewers and drains
- Repair hot water systems
- Install and repair toilet roll holders
- Repair door and window locks
- Repairs (only) to ceiling fans
- Raise and lower beds
- Install chair raisers
- Install handrails and ramps
- Install wooden rails to stairs
- Repair and renew step treads
- Small and medium carpentry jobs
- Install security lights
- Install anti-slip treatments
- Repairs to white goods, fridges and washing machines
- Supply and fit security screens to windows and security doors